We are planted in our neighbourhood to fulfill God’s good purpose. As a Brethren church, our faith and practices are rooted in God’s Word given in the Bible.
We love because God first loved us. We want to live out the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and to teach others to do the same.
Our ministries are an expression of our love and service for God and people. We have a variety of ministries catering to different age groups and backgrounds.
“To glorify God by living the gospel and making disciples to reach the world for Christ.”
To Glorify God
This is the highest motivation and all-encompassing purpose for our existence. We do not glorify man or organization, but only God. This is also the basis upon which we evaluate all our ministries.
Living the Gospel
- We are a people who have encountered and are continually impacted and transformed by the life-changing gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. This is the reality of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus, walking in obedience on a daily basis (Rom 1:16-17; 12:1-2, 1 Thess 1:5; Col 1:9-12; Phil 1:5-6; James 1:22-25; 1 John 2:3-6).
- The person who lives the gospel will be mindful of Jesus’ expectations (Matt 22:37; Mark 8:34-35) and the important dimension of living by faith in Him (Gal 2:20).
- The person who lives the gospel will desire to be rooted and strengthened in the faith, growing toward maturity, and overflowing with thankfulness (Col 2:6-7, 2 Pet 1:5-11, 3:18).
- The church as the body of Christ will experience the dimension of living the gospel in community, worshipping the Lord, edifying one another and serving together (Acts 2:42-47, Col 3:12-17)
- ‘Living the gospel’ will result in fruitfulness as we abide in Christ (John 15:5; Gal 5:22-24).
- We are called to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matt 28:18-20). This command is given to every disciple, to be Christ’s faithful witnesses and to lead people to follow Him.
- We must be disciples first, before we can go and make disciples. Just as the Lord has empowered the early disciples to reach out to others, the same is also true for us today (Mark 1:17). The Great Commission comes with a promise – that He will be with us! (Matt 28:20)
- We hold firmly the vision that disciplemaking must lead to spiritual reproduction. Disciples will be exhorted to build into the lives of others so that they would in turn be disciplemakers (1 Cor 11:1; 2 Tim 2:2).
- We are committed to preparing God’s people for works of service to build up the body of Christ and to present each one mature in Christ (Eph 4:11-16; Col 1:28).
Reach the World for Christ
- In the gospel, we have come to know of God’s love for people in the world (John 3:16). He has the “nations” at heart. The Lord Jesus expressed clearly that “this gospel of the kingdom must be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations and then the end will come”. The Kingdom of God is being advanced when we obey the Great Commission (Matt 24:14; Rev 5:9; 7:9-10).
- The harvest is plentiful. Being involved in the Lord’s harvest field must be integral to the life of every believer and the church, as expressed in our prayers and actions (Matt 9:37-38; John 4:35-38).
- We need to live purposefully for Christ, to fulfil His purpose as He has sent us into the world (Mark 16:15; Luke 24:46-47). We therefore live as “world Christians”, and not as worldly Christians (John 17:18; 20:21).
- We desire to reach the world for Christ as His ambassadors (2 Cor 5:20). We begin with those in our immediate spheres of influence and in ever expanding outreaches (Matt 5:16; Acts 1:8).