YCK Chapel only conducts the Holy Matrimony for baptized members of the church.
Here are some important steps to take:
- Talk to the Family Life Ministry (FLM) Leader at least 8 months, but preferably 9 – 12 months, before the wedding.
- At the meeting, the FLM leader will want to
- verify the spiritual and marital status of the couple (single or ever married, baptism & church membership, etc.)
- explain what’s involved in a church wedding (eg. criteria for church wedding, registration of marriage, pre-marital preparation, etc).
- firm up the date and venue of the wedding.
- arrange to undergo pre-marital counseling with a couple of Marriage Mentors (allocated by FLM).
- The couple will then meet the Solemnising pastor to
- learn about God’s design for marriage and sexual purity.
- the flow of the Holy Matrimony
- The couple will meet their marriage mentors for their pre-marital counseling sessions. In one of the session, they will go through a Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis (TJTA). This is recommended but subject to availability of a counsellor.
- Final meeting with soleminising pastor happens at the end of the pre-marital course to go through the wedding vow and to prepare for the wedding day.
See also: Preparing for Marriage.