YCK Chapel only conducts the Holy Matrimony for baptized members of the church.
Here are some important steps to take:
- Talk to the Family Life Ministry (FLM) Coordinator at least 6 months, but preferably 8 – 12 months, before the wedding, to arrange an appointment to see the Pastor.
- At the meeting, the Pastor will want to verify the spiritual and marital status of the couple (single or ever married, baptism & church membership, etc.) and also to explain what’s involved in a church wedding (eg. criteria for church wedding, registration of marriage, pre-marital preparation, etc).
- Firming up the date and venue of the wedding.
- Working out the wedding plan (eg. Wedding coordinator, budget, conduct of the wedding, etc)
- Arrangement to undergo pre-marital counseling with a couple of Marriage Mentors (allocated by FLM). See information in link: Preparing for Marriage.
- Going through a Taylor Johnson Temperament Analysis (TJTA). This is recommended but subject to availability of a counsellor.
- Final meeting with Pastor at the end of the pre-marital course to go through the wedding vow and to prepare for the wedding day.