We uphold the following doctrines and practices of the Christian Faith in accordance with the Scriptures, the Holy Bible:
1. THE HOLY BIBLE: We believe the Holy Bible, comprising the 66 books in the Old and New Testaments, is inspired by God and thus infallible. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
2. GOD: We believe in the one true God, eternally existing in three Persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He is sovereign over all creation, history, revelation, salvation and final judgment.
3. JESUS CHRIST: We believe in Jesus Christ the eternal Son of God. He became truly man without ceasing to be truly God, having been supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He was born without sin, lived a sinless and fully human life and died on the cross as a sacrifice for man’s sin and to destroy the works of Satan. On the third day He rose bodily from the dead. He ascended to heaven and continues His work as Mediator. He will personally return to earth in power and glory to judge the living and the dead.
4. THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe in the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father to bear witness to His Son, to convict sinners to repentance and to give them spiritual birth. He lives in and empowers all believers to live godly lives, to bear witness for Christ and to serve as Christ did.
5. MAN: We believe man was created in the image of God, but sinned through the fall of Adam, thereby incurring both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God. All human beings are born with a sinful nature and by their own volition have become sinners in thought, word and deed.
6. SALVATION: We believe salvation is the gift of God offered by grace and not the result of man’s works. It is received through personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. THE CHURCH: We believe in the Church, the universal body of Christ, of which He is the Head, and where all believers are committed to follow Christ. The believers meet in local churches to worship God and to live out the Great Commandment and fulfil the Great Commission of Jesus Christ.
8. THE FUTURE: We believe in the personal and imminent return of Jesus Christ and the bodily resurrection of all the dead – the believers to eternal blessedness, and the unbelievers to eternal punishment – and the advent of the glorious Kingdom of God in a new heaven and a new earth.
BELIEVERS’ BAPTISM: We practice water baptism, as an outward expression of our spiritual birth and identification with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Baptism is by immersion, except in circumstances where immersion is not possible.
THE LORD’S SUPPER: We practice ‘the breaking of bread and drinking of the cup’ in obedience to Christ’s command. This is to remember His death until He comes again in glory. This ordinance is conducted at our weekly worship services and is confined to all baptised believers whose conduct is in keeping with their confession of faith.
PRIESTHOOD OF ALL BELIEVERS: We practice the priesthood of all believers where every believer has the right and privilege to come before God through Jesus Christ, to engage in prayer, praise and worship, without any humanly appointed mediator or priest.