Lent is a time of preparation through fasting, repentance prayer and reflection on Scripture before Easter (12 April). Today, as we are in such a time of anxiety due to the current COVID-19 situation, we need to go on our knees to seek God through prayer and Scripture.
We are encouraged to set aside time for reflection on Jesus’ suffering and sacrifice as we face the increasing challenges and afflictions in life and in this world.
This year Lent begins on 26 Feb and ends on Good Friday (10 April).
6 Sundays during Lent are: 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29 March, 5 April
Let us set aside time in our personal schedule for reflection and prayer wherever we are each week during Lent.
- Suggested time: During your Quiet Time or personal devotion time.
- Venue: Find a quiet spot wherever you are.
- Guidance: Simple guide will be provided for your reflection and prayer based on the art work specially painted for this occasion.
- You will find this guide weekly in the bulletin, church website and social media.
- Each week we will pray and reflect on different part of Christ’s journey to the Cross.
- You may do this as an individual, with your SG, ministry team, your prayer partner or as a family.