I have been a disciple (a student/a learner) of our Lord Jesus for the past forty-four years. As I look back, I count it a privilege and honour to be a disciple of Christ. Each one of us should consider it a privilege and honour to be a disciple of Jesus for the following reasons:
For He alone is God and there is no other.
- There is none like Him. He is incomparable (Ex 15:11; Is 40:18, 25). Consider His attributes
- He is a personal, loving and caring Shepherd. Each day He leads, guides, watches, protects, provides and heals.
- He alone paid the penalty for our sins. No one could set us free from bondage to sin and Satan. By His life, death and resurrection He has reconciled us to God the Father. He has brought us at peace with God.
- He has clothed us with His robe of righteousness. We stand before the Father as though we have never sinned. He has become our righteousness. He has given us eternal life, a new beginning, a new life, hope and a second chance. He has brought joy to our hearts. He has delivered us from second death (permanent death). What a Saviour! Hallelujah!
- He is the coming King and Judge. He is going to put an end to the current state of affairs of this world. He is going to end all violence, injustice, inequality, pain and suffering, death and disease. He will usher in a reign of peace and righteousness. No more tears, grief, disappointments and sorrow. A new home awaits us!
It is worth the cost of being a disciple of Jesus. It is worth learning from Him, becoming like Him, loving Him, worshipping Him, following Him, serving Him and if need be, laying down our lives for Him.
– Brother Visuvanathan (YCKC Bulletin 28 June 2020)